Insurance2go popped up on our radar a few months ago, and seeing as nobody had taken out a policy with them, we decided it was high time we gave them a review and a writeup. As you may (or may not) know, we’re reviewing all of the major UK iPhone insurance policies and quotes to see which are the best and worst of the lot.
Back to Insurance2go…
Today’s focus is on Insurance2go (www.insurance2go.co.uk), cheap mobile phone insurance specialists who offer cover for iPhones from £3.99 per month. They also offer cover for laptops, iPads and business insurance for each of those products.
But all we care about today is their cover for iPhones…
So here are the facts:
- Three levels of cover: Basic (£3.99 per month), Lite (£5.99 per month) or Full Cover (£6.99 per month) – Top tip: get full cover for a year and get it for £64.99 (saving of £18.99 – equivalent to £5.41 per month)
- Provides cover for:
– Accidental Damage
– Water/Liquid Damage
– Loss (only available on Full Cover premium)
- Overseas travel cover for 30 days
- Unauthorised calls cover
- No minimum contract
- Cover for your immediate family (if over 16)
Full terms and conditions can be seen at Insurance2go’s website: insurance2go.co.uk
Other Important Points
- Excess for claims is as follows:
– £50 for all claims relating to damage
– £75 for all claims relating to theft or loss
Reviews & Feedback Around the Web
Insurance2go include a number of reviews on their website. Like most companies they have only published positive reviews. Still, at least they’re getting some positive reviews – we can always go looking elsewhere to say if there are any negative reviews on the web.
Some of the positive ones include:
“Thank you very much! I must also give a mention to how fantastic your customer service team have been in dealing with my query.”
“Best cover and best price I could find. Always check the cover as alot I looked at don’t cover loss (this lot do).”
I did look elsewhere online on places like ReviewCentre and actually they did have quite a lot of positive feedback and comments. There were a few negatives. One that stuck out was that if you’re putting in a claim (for damage), you will need to send your phone to them via special delivery, which naturally costs more than normal postage. I’m not sure if this is the case with all mobile phone insurance companies or just with Insurance2go, but it’s something to think about I guess.
There were a few things I really liked about Insurance2go:
- I liked the fact that immediate family members could be covered on the same policy
- I liked the price for full cover (when paid upfront)
- The claims process seemed quite straightforward (but I haven’t experienced this yet, so can’t comment)
- I liked the cover (loss, theft, damage, water damage)
One thing I would change:
- I would prefer a policy with more overseas travel cover as I frequently travel (and like to take my iPhone with me). 30 days is cutting it a bit short if I want to go backpacking or anything like that, especially since some other policies were offering 60 or even 90 days travel cover per year.
You can find out more about Insurance2go at their website, insurance2go.co.uk, or to compare alternative polices see our Big iPhone Insurance Report.